Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Georgetown in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Harrell-Stone House

 
 
Harrell-Stone House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, July 5, 2007
1. Harrell-Stone House Marker
Inscription. Built about 1895 for lumberman Henry W. Harrell, this Victorian house resembles others erected in this neighborhood by the C. S. Belford Lumber Co. It was sold in 1907 to storekeeper W. F. Magee. In 1937 the structure was purchased by Judge Samuel Vaughan Stone, civic leader and county judge for 35 years, and his wife Berenice, who restored it. Occupied by three prominent families, this residence has been the scene of numerous social and church gatherings.
 
Erected 1976 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9103.)
 
Location. 30° 37.885′ N, 97° 40.443′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on South Elm Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1404 South Elm Street, Georgetown TX 78626, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A. W. Sillure House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); J. A. McDougle Home (about 300 feet away); W.Y. Penn Home (about 300 feet away); C.C. and Mattie Hughes Cody House (about 600 feet away); George Irvine House (about 700 feet away); Negro Fine Arts School
Harrell-Stone House image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, July 5, 2007
2. Harrell-Stone House
(about 700 feet away); St. Johnís United Methodist Church (about 700 feet away); First United Methodist Church of Georgetown (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 15, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 946 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 15, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement