Detroit in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1966 by Michigan History Division, Department of State. (Marker Number S280.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 42° 19.892′ N, 83° 3.04′ W. Marker is in Detroit, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Michigan Avenue (U.S. 12) and Washington Boulevard, on the right when traveling east on Michigan Avenue. Touch for map. Marker
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. General Casimir Pulaski (within shouting distance of this marker); War of 1812 Dead (within shouting distance of this marker); Michigan's First Capitol/Capitol Union School (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); The First Capitol Building in Michigan (about 600 feet away); Finney Barn (about 600 feet away); Detroit's Underground Railway Station (about 700 feet away); Comerica Incorporated (about 800 feet away); Fort Lernoult (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Detroit.
Categories. • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 10, 2011, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 537 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 10, 2011, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey. 3. submitted on December 11, 2015, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.