Near Shiloh in Hardin County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
—Army of the Tennessee —
"E", 2d Ill. Lt. Art., McClernand's (1st) Div.,
Army of the Tennessee.
This battery of four guns, was engaged here from 7.45 a.m. to 10 a.m. April 6, 1862 when it retired to Cross Roads, leaving one disabled gun.
Erected by Shiloh National Military Park Commission. (Marker Number 54.)
Location. 35° 8.06′ N, 88° 21.405′ W. Marker is near Shiloh, Tennessee, in Hardin County. Marker can be reached from Corinth Road 0.3 miles south of Hamburg-Purdy Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. 175 yards west of road on a trail in the woods. Marker is in this post office area: Shiloh TN 38376, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Camp of 48th Ohio Infantry (within shouting distance of this marker); Ohio 48th Infantry (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Battery B, 1st Illinois Light Artillery (about 400 feet away); Army of the Mississippi (about 500 feet away); Army of the Ohio (about 500 feet away); Army of the Tennessee Shiloh Church (about 500 feet away); Shiloh United Methodist Church (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shiloh.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 15, 2011, by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. This page has been viewed 283 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 15, 2011, by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.