Columbus in Muscogee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
He Helped Bring And Keep Fort Benning
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 106-25.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 28.576′ N, 84° 57.476′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Georgia, in Muscogee County. Marker is at the intersection of Wildwood Avenue and 16th Street, on the right when traveling north on Wildwood Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbus GA 31906, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured Carson McCullers (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Cedars (approx. 0.4 miles away); 1918 Diamond Jubilee 1993 Camp Benning / Fort Benning (approx. 0.4 miles away); Wynnton School Library (approx. 0.4 miles away); “Wildwood” (approx. half a mile away); Leonard Spring (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Elms (approx. 0.8 miles away); St. Elmo (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Categories. • Military •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 17, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 460 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 17, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.