Dover in Kent County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
1734 Charles Inglis 1816
1759 Rector of this parish 1765
1787 Bishop of Nova Scotia 1816
First Colonial Bishop in the British Empire
His wife Mary Vining and their two infant children rest in the churchyard.
Erected 1956 by Diocese of Nova Scotia.
Location. 39° 9.295′ N, 75° 31.317′ W. Marker is in Dover, Delaware, in Kent County. Marker is on Water Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dover DE 19901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Revolutionary War Patriot John Banning (within shouting distance of this marker); Nicholas Ridgely (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Caesar Rodney (about 300 feet away); Old Christ Church (about 300 feet away); Loockerman House (about 400 feet away); Thomas Stevenson House (about 500 feet away); An Army of Restoration (CCC) (about 500 feet away); John Bell House (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dover.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 28, 2011, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 475 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 28, 2011, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.