Liberty Bell Reproduction
Dedicated to You, a Free Citizen in a Free Land
As the inspirational symbol of the United States Savings Bonds Independence Drive from May 15 to July 4, 1950, it was displayed in every part of this state.
The dimensions and tone are identical with those of the original Liberty Bell when it rang out our Independence in 1776. In standing before this symbol, you have the opportunity to dedicate yourself, as did our founding fathers, to the principles of the individual freedom for which our nation stands.
This bell is one of fifty-three cast in France in 1950 and given to the United States Government by:
American Smelting and Refining Company, Anaconda Copper Mining Company, Kennecott Copper Corporation, Miami Copper Company, Phelps Dodge Corporation, The American Metal Company, Limited, Steel Supports by U.S. Steel Corporations American Bridge Company.
This bell relocated in 1976 by the Legislative Bicentennial Committee.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Liberty Bell Replica marker series.
Location. 39° 9.407′ N, 75° 31.3′ W. Marker is in Dover, Delaware
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Compass Rose (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); An Army of Restoration (CCC) (about 400 feet away); State House (about 400 feet away); The First State Heritage Park of Dover (about 400 feet away); Legislative Hall - Delaware's Capitol Building (about 500 feet away); The Delaware Line (about 500 feet away); Ridgely House (about 500 feet away); John Bell House (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dover.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 28, 2011, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 759 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 28, 2011, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. 3. submitted on November 2, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.