Woodstock in Shenandoah County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Scene of Peter Muhlenburg's Famous
call to arms 1776
Oldest Court House west of the
Blue Ridge 1795
First Clerk was Thomas Marshall,
Father of Chief Justice John Marshall
Turn at Court House square and visit Massanutten
Tower, a superb view of the Valley showing famous
horse shoe bends of the Shenandoah River.
Location. 38° 53.249′ N, 78° 30.062′ W. Marker is in Woodstock, Virginia, in Shenandoah County. Marker is on North Main Street / Old Valley Pike (U.S. 11), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Woodstock VA 22664, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mabel Lee Walton and Sigma Sigma Sigma (approx. 0.3 miles away); 1LT Charles Bare Gatewood (approx. 0.3 miles away); Shenandoah County Courthouse (approx. 0.4 miles away); Shenandoah County Jail (approx. 0.4 miles away); This Building of (approx. 0.4 miles away); John Peter Gabriel Muhlenberg (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Woodstock (approx. half a mile away); a different marker also named Woodstock (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Woodstock.
Related marker. another marker that is related to this marker. Another copy of this marker is also on Route 11 at the southern entrance to town.
Also see . . . Woodstock Historic District. (PDF) Details of the structures included within the historic district are found in this National Register of Historic Places entry. (Submitted on December 17, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Natural Features • Political Subdivisions • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 17, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,318 times since then and 56 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 17, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.