Milledgeville in Baldwin County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Methodist Church
of the Methodist Church erected
about the year 1805.
Bishop Asbury and Bishop
McKendree in 1815 held here
a conference which James O.
Bishop Capers, Dr. Lovick Pierce,
and many other notable figures
of Methodism served as pastors.
The daughter of Bishop Capers
is buried near this spot.
In gracious appreciation of
the pioneer work done by this
great church this boulder
is erected by
the Robert E. Lee Chapter, U.D.C.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 33° 4.478′ N, 83° 13.746′ W. Marker is in Milledgeville, Georgia, in Baldwin County. Marker can be reached from W. Franklin Street (U.S. 441). Touch for map. Located between S. Wilkinson Street and S. Clarke Street, Milledgeville's Memory Hill Cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Milledgeville GA 31061, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rear Admiral John W. Wilcox (a few steps from this marker); Carl Vinson • Mary Green Vinson (within shouting distance of this marker); The Unknown Soldiers of Brown Hospital Cemetery Square (about 600 feet away); Memory Hill Cemetery (about 600 feet away); St. Stephen's Episcopal Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Tomlinson Fort House (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Old Governor's Mansion (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Milledgeville.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 28, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 617 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 30, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.