Columbus in Muscogee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Martin J. Crawford
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 106-7.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 28.237′ N, 84° 59.391′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Georgia, in Muscogee County. Marker is on 13th Street 0 miles east of 2nd Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbus GA 31901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Black Public School (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Baptist Church (about 800 feet away); High Uptown Historic District / Garrett-Bullock-Delay House Oglethorpe House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bullard-Hart-Sampson House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Birthplace of Robert Winship Woodruff (approx. 0.2 miles away); Church of the Holy Family (approx. 0.2 miles away); Tyler Home (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Regarding Martin J. Crawford. Martin J. Crawford's entry in the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress is here:
A bank parking lot now occupies the site of the large columned Crawford home, which was demolished in 1949.
Categories. • Government • Politics • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 3, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 536 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on June 3, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.