Cincinnati in Hamilton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
formed part of the
Fort Washington Reservation
— 1789 —— 1808 —
This reservation was bounded on
the north by Fourth Street, on the
east by Ludlow Street, on the south
by the Ohio River, on the west by
Broadway, which was the
eastern boundry of the city.
This tablet placed by
the Cincinnati Chapter
The American Revolution
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 39° 6.046′ N, 84° 30.289′ W. Marker is in Cincinnati, Ohio, in Hamilton County. Marker is on Arch Street near East 4th Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Located at the north east entrance of the Guilford Building. Marker is in this post office area: Cincinnati OH 45202, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Fort Washington (a few steps from this marker); Stephen C. Foster (within shouting distance of this marker); Lytle Park (within shouting distance of Famous Lytle Neighbors (within shouting distance of this marker); A Beginning . . . (within shouting distance of this marker); Bottoms (within shouting distance of this marker); Lytle At Christmas (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Fort Washington (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cincinnati.
Regarding Fort Washington. The fort protected settlers in the new Ohio country from Indian attacks.
Categories. • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 5, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 479 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on June 6, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.