Dubuque in Dubuque County, Iowa — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
“Fourth Street Elevator”
Originally operated by steam, then by electricity in 1893, the elevator was incorporated as the Fenelon Place Elevator Co. with neighbors as stock holders.
First board of directors; June 21, 1893; L.C. Bissell, Pres.; W.A. Leathers V Pres.;, J.H. Kleine, Sec'y; Chas. Sass, Treas. Other stockholders: Jacob Rich, Frank H. Weime,Geo. B. Burch, D.J. Scott, J.F. Ris, J. Hooper, W.G. Norman, J.R. McFarland and C.F. Markle.
br> In 1912, C.B. Trewin acquired control. To date, (1967) his family owns and operates it for the use and enjoyment of the public.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 42° 29.778′ N, 90° 40.168′ W. Marker is in Dubuque, Iowa, in Dubuque County. Marker can be reached from Fenelon Place near Raymond Place. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 512 Fenelon Place, Dubuque IA 52001, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Methodist Chapel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dubuque Shot Tower (approx. 0.8 miles away); Shot Tower (approx. 0.9 miles away); East Dubuque Veterans' Memorial (approx. 1.4 miles away in Illinois); Eleazor and Diadamia Frentress (approx. 1.4 miles away in Illinois); Historic Dubuque (approx. 2.2 miles away); Julien Dubuque (approx. 2.2 miles away); Louis Arriandeaux Log House (approx. 2.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dubuque.
Also see . . . Fenelon Place Elevator Company. (Submitted on June 18, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 5, 2011, by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. This page has been viewed 664 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on June 5, 2011, by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.