Rockaway in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Rockaway Presbyterian Church
1758. During struggle for
Independence, church furnished
leadership and public forum
for patriots. Burying place of
General William Winds. Present
church built 1832.
Erected 1978 by Morris County Heritage Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey, Morris County Heritage Commission marker series.
Location. 40° 54.18′ N, 74° 30.771′ W. Marker is in Rockaway, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is at the intersection of Church Street and Academy Street, on the right when traveling south on Church Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 35 Church Street, Rockaway NJ 07866, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rockaway Civil War Monument (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Rockaway World War Memorial (about 300 feet away); Stephen Jackson House (approx. ¼ mile away); Kitchel Homestead (approx. 1.7 miles away); Job Allen Iron Works (approx. 2.1 miles away); Victory Gardens Borough Ford – Faesch Manor House - 1768 (approx. 2.3 miles away); The Diamond Spring (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rockaway.
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 12, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 913 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on June 12, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.