Lewisburg in Union County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 40° 57.67′ N, 76° 52.838′ W. Marker is in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, in Union County. Marker is at the intersection of Brown Street and Mill Street, on the right when traveling north on Brown Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 34 Brown Street, Lewisburg PA 17837, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Underground Railroad (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Robert Lowry (approx. 0.2 miles away); Union County (approx. 0.2 miles away); General Tasker H. Bliss (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lewisburg Cross-Cut Canal (approx. 0.4 miles away); Catholic Chapel (approx. 0.4 miles away); Bucknell University (approx. 0.4 miles away); Daniel F. Green (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewisburg.
Regarding Ludwig Derr. Mill Street overlays the mill race Derr dug for his grist and saw mills.
Also see . . . Union County Historical Society: Ludwig Dörr's Town. (Submitted on June 15, 2011, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 15, 2011, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. This page has been viewed 616 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 15, 2011, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.