Venice in Sarasota County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Lord - Higel House Restoration Project
In 1905 it became the residence of his citrus grove manager George Higel. George and Abigail Williams Higel lived and raised five of their six children in this house until 1919.
In 2005 the house was given to the City of Venice and moved to its present location where it will be restored and become a period museum for describing the lives and times of pioneer settlers of the Venice Area. The Lord - Higel House will allow locals and visitors to glimpse both pioneer history and obtain information about other local attractions.
Erected by City of Venice Historical Preservation Board.
Location. 27° 5.916′ N, 82° 27.093′ W. Marker is in Venice, Florida, in Sarasota County. Marker is at the intersection of Granada Avenue and Avenue des Parques South, on the right when traveling east on Granada Avenue. Touch for map. This historical marker is located in a residential area between the downtown area and the gulf coast beaches, just a block south of Venice Avenue. Marker is at or near this postal address: 409 Granada Avenue, Venice FL 34285, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Welcome to Heritage Court / Fred H. Albee, M.D. (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Venice Apartment District (about 500 feet away); Pioneer Court (about 600 feet away); 1926 Article From "Venice News" (approx. ¼ mile away); Venice (approx. ¼ mile away); Kentucky Military Institute (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Hotel Venice (approx. 0.3 miles away); Ennes Arcade and Hotel Valencia 1926 (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Venice.
Also see . . . Friends of the Lord-Higel House. This is a link to information provided by the Friends of the Lord-Higel House. (Submitted on June 19, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 19, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 530 times since then and 56 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 19, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.