Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Georgetown in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

James B. Williams

(1821-1891)

 
 
James B. Williams Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, June 28, 2007
1. James B. Williams Marker
Inscription. A pioneer of this region. Born in Madison County, Ky. With bride, Sarah Coffey, came to Texas in wagon train led by his father, Isaac, and including brothers David, John R., Kelse, and other kin. Moved to Berry’s Creek area on Dec. 24, 1848. Served in Texas Rangers company of his uncle, Capt. John Williams, 1854-1862. Lived in San Saba county in 1850s. Permanent home was in Glasscock Valley, north of Georgetown. Williams had thirteen children.
 
Erected 1973 by The Texas State Historical Survey Committee.
 
Location. 30° 42.919′ N, 97° 39.536′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on State Highway 195. Touch for map. In Berry Creek Cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Georgetown TX 78628, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John Berry, Frontiersman (approx. 2.5 miles away); Pennington Family Cemetery (approx. 3.6 miles away); Zion Lutheran Church (approx. 4 miles away); San Gabriel Lodge No. 89, A.F. & A.M. (approx. 4.6 miles away); San Gabriel Park (approx. 4.6 miles away); North Fork of the San Gabriel River
Grave of James B. Williams and Sarah Coffey Williams image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, June 28, 2007
2. Grave of James B. Williams and Sarah Coffey Williams
(approx. 4.8 miles away); Community of Theon (approx. 4.9 miles away); Jesse Cooper House (approx. 5.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
 
Categories. Settlements & Settlers
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 26, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 23, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,073 times since then and 87 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 23, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement