Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Georgetown in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Jesse Cooper House

 
 
Jesse Cooper House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson
1. Jesse Cooper House Marker
Inscription. Tennessee native Jesse Eugene Cooper (1855–1944) came to Texas in 1876. The following year he helped establish a Georgetown newspaper, the “Williamson County Sun.” In addition to his role as editor, he also founded a local bank and cottonseed oil mill. The C. S. Belford Lumber Co. built this home for Cooper and his second wife, Sara (Wilbarger) (d. 1935), in 1911-12. The American Foursquare design features rustic detailing of native limestone.
 
Erected 1988 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9042.)
 
Location. 30° 38.548′ N, 97° 38.812′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on Wilbarger Point north of East University Avenue (Texas Highway 29). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Georgetown TX 78626, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Evangelical Free Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); Southwestern University (approx. 1.3 miles away); Iota Chapter (approx. 1.3 miles away); San Gabriel Lodge No. 89, A.F. & A.M. (approx. 1.3 miles away); XI Chapter Kappa Alpha Order
Jesse Cooper House image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson
2. Jesse Cooper House
(approx. 1.3 miles away); The Woman’s Club of Georgetown (approx. 1.4 miles away); Southwestern University Main Building (approx. 1.4 miles away); Easley Home (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
 
Also see . . .  Georgetown, Texas. (Submitted on December 25, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.)
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 25, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 931 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 25, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement