Ramsey in Bergen County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
David Van Gelder House
Built by David Van Gelder after his marriage in 1794. Located in the area once called “Brabant”, the land was purchased twice – c. 1737 and 1745 – by grandfather Abraham to insure valid title from the proprietors of East New Jersey. It included most of nearby Van Gelderís Pond. Inherited by Davidís son Abraham B. in 1845, he willed it to his sister Pernelphe, a farmer, in 1876. The house remained in the Van Gelder family name until 1884.
Erected by Bergen County Historical Society. (Marker Number 104.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey, Bergen County Historical Society marker series.
Location. 41° 2.596′ N, 74° 9.826′ W. Marker is in Ramsey, New Jersey, in Bergen County. Marker is on W. Crescent Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is located on W. Crescent Avenue between Wyckoff Avenue and Van Gelder Court. Marker is at or near this postal address: 37 W. Crescent Avenue, Ramsey NJ 07446, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Ackerman House (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Valentine Homestead (approx. one mile away); Van Houten-Yeomans Homestead Master Sergeant Charles E. Hosking, Jr. Memorial (approx. 1.9 miles away); Allendale Veterans Monument (approx. 1.9 miles away); Old Stone House (approx. 2.3 miles away); Van Voorhees – Quackenbush – Zabriskie House (approx. 2.4 miles away); Franklin Lakes United Methodist Church (approx. 2Ĺ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ramsey.
Also see . . . Bergen County Historical Society. (Submitted on June 26, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 26, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 836 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 26, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.