Talma in Fulton County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Newcastle Township Advisory Board; residents of Talma and vicinity;
Erected 1976 by The Fulton County Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Postal Mail and Philately marker series.
Location. 41° 9.273′ N, 86° 8.051′ W. Marker is in Talma, Indiana, in Fulton County. Marker is on State Road 25 at milepost 105, 0.1 miles south of County Road E 700 N, on the left when traveling south. Marker is in front of Newcastle Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6863 N St Rd 25, Rochester IN 46975, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Joaquin Miller (approx. 3.2 miles away); Lawrence D. Bell (approx. 4.9 miles away); Sanford C. Cox River Ford (approx. 5½ miles away); Benack's Village (approx. 5½ miles away); Site of Indian Village Chippewa-Nung (approx. 5.6 miles away); Michigan Road (approx. 5.6 miles away); Fulton County War Memorial (approx. 6.4 miles away); Father Petit and the Potawatomi 'Trail of Death' (approx. 6.4 miles away).
Regarding Talma. Obituaries of "Uncle" Asa Coplen, founder of the city Bloomingsburg and William R. Kubley, resident who came up with the new name Talma, are found in the Fulton County Obituaries, 1896-1900 and 1954, respectively. Coplen died at the age of 90; Kubley died at the age of 91. The former was the father of nine; the latter was an avid puzzler and contester who, according to the obituary, once won 12 automobiles in one year of contesting.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Talma.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 13, 2011, by Alice Mathews of La Porte, Indiana. This page has been viewed 763 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 13, 2011, by Alice Mathews of La Porte, Indiana. 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 19, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.