White Springs in Hamilton County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
White Sulphur Springs
“Fountain of Health”
Constructed in 1908, the building housed a concession area, clinical examination and treatment rooms, and dressing rooms on either side of the bathing area. Mechanical gates were used to keep the river from entering the bathing pool.
Location. 30° 19.794′ N, 82° 45.629′ W. Marker is in White Springs, Florida, in Hamilton County. Marker is on Spring Street (U.S. 41) west of Bridge Street (State Road 136), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: White Springs FL 32096, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Residents of White Springs (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Florida’s Original Tourist Destination (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wars and Conflicts in White Springs (approx. ¼ mile away); White Springs (approx. ¼ mile away); The Good Old Days (approx. 11.3 miles away); Apalachee Trail (approx. 12.2 miles away); Alligator (approx. 12.2 miles away); Confederate Monument (approx. 12.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in White Springs.
Also see . . . White Springs, Florida - Land of the Suwannee River. (Submitted on July 15, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Entertainment • Natural Resources • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 14, 2011, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,485 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on July 14, 2011, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. 9, 10. submitted on October 29, 2015. 11. submitted on July 14, 2011, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.