Medford in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
as a grist mill, the settlement
grew to include a sawmill, a
smithy, a wheelwright shop, and
a cider mill.
1847 – 1997
Erected by Medford Historic Advisory Board. (Marker Number 13.)
Location. 39° 55.006′ N, 74° 48.354′ W. Marker is in Medford, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is at the intersection of Church Road and Fostertown Road, on the right when traveling west on Church Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Medford NJ 08055, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Nehemiah Haines House (within shouting distance of this marker); The Sawyer’s House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sandtown (approx. half a mile away); The John Haines House (approx. half a mile away); Two One-Room Schools (approx. half a mile away); Dr. Still’s Office (approx. one mile away); Cross Roads (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Toll House (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Medford.
Also see . . . Historic Sites in Medford, NJ. West Jersey History Project website. (Submitted on July 17, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 17, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 455 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on July 17, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.