Medford in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Village of Chairville
and a sawmill operated
here from 1845 to 1890.
school served children
in the area until 1900.
Erected by Medford Historic Advisory Board. (Marker Number 53.)
Location. 39° 53.942′ N, 74° 47.351′ W. Marker is in Medford, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is at the intersection of Chairville Road and Marlton Pike (New Jersey Route 70), on the left when traveling north on Chairville Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Medford NJ 08055, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Peacock Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Sandtown (approx. 1.1 miles away); The John Peacock House (approx. 1.3 miles away); Powder Explosion (approx. 1½ miles away); Two One-Room Schools (approx. 1½ miles away); Kirby’s Mill (approx. 1½ miles away); The Nehemiah Haines House (approx. 1½ miles away); The Sawyer’s House (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Medford.
Also see . . . Historic Sites in Medford, NJ. West Jersey History Project website. (Submitted on July 17, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 17, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 315 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 17, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.