Medford in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Milton Allenís School
once a private boarding
school run by Milton H.
Allen. The next year, 1874,
it became Medfordís first
fully free public school.
Erected by Medford Historic Advisory Board. (Marker Number 46.)
Location. 39° 54.074′ N, 74° 49.307′ W. Marker is in Medford, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is at the intersection of Branch Street and Broad Street, on the left when traveling east on Branch Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Medford NJ 08055, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Stacy Prickett House (within shouting distance of this marker); A Sears Roebuck House (within shouting distance of this marker); Filbert Street School (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Methodist Cemetery (about 400 feet away); The Oldest House on Branch Street (about 400 feet away); The Dr. George Haines House (about 500 feet away); Ely Hall (about 600 feet away); First House on Filbert Street (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Medford.
Also see . . . Historic Sites in Medford, NJ. West Jersey History (Submitted on July 18, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Education • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 18, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 360 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 18, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.