Medford in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Stacy Prickett House
home was built in 1830 for
merchant Stacy Prickett.
Legendary school mistress
Bess Cowperthwaite, lived
here in the early 1900ís.
Erected by Medford Historic Advisory Board. (Marker Number 47.)
Location. 39° 54.056′ N, 74° 49.308′ W. Marker is in Medford, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is at the intersection of Branch Street and Broad Street, on the right when traveling east on Branch Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 22 Branch Street, Medford NJ 08055, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Milton Allenís School (within shouting distance of this marker); A Sears Roebuck House (within shouting distance of this marker); Filbert Street School (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Methodist Cemetery (about 400 feet away); The Oldest House on Branch Street (about 500 feet away); The Dr. George Haines House (about 500 feet away); First House on Filbert Street (about 500 feet away); First House on Bank Street (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Medford.
Also see . . . Historic Sites in Medford, NJ. (Submitted on July 18, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Education • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 18, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 357 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 18, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.