Medford in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Filbert Street School
built in 1876, had four more
rooms added in 1907. Medford
High School offered a 2-3
year program here, 1889-1917.
The school closed in 1927.
Erected by Medford Historic Advisory Board. (Marker Number 57.)
Location. 39° 54.023′ N, 74° 49.259′ W. Marker is in Medford, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is at the intersection of Filbert Street and Church Street, on the right when traveling south on Filbert Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Medford NJ 08055, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First House on Filbert Street (within shouting distance of this marker); The Methodist Cemetery (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Stacy Prickett House (about 300 feet away); The Oldest House on Branch Street (about 400 feet away); Milton Allenís School (about 400 feet away); A Sears Roebuck House (about 500 feet away); First House on Bank Street (about 500 feet away); The Dr. George Haines House (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Medford.
Also see . . . Historic Sites in Medford, NJ. (Submitted on July 18, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 18, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 314 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 18, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.