Connersville in Fayette County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
1841 Built as Headquarters of the Whitewater Valley Canal Co.
1854 Savings Bank of Indiana
Dr. S. W. Vance 1857-1936
Congressman and Mrs. Finly H. Gray 1936-1947
1947 - 1971 V. F. W. Post 571
1971 - 1973 Restored by Historic Connersville Inc.
Erected by Indian Hill Chapter National Society of American Colonist.
Location. 39° 38.407′ N, 85° 8.386′ W. Marker is in Connersville, Indiana, in Fayette County. Marker is on East 4th Street east of North Central Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Located at the parking lot entrance to the "Canal House" in Connersville, Indiana. Marker is at or near this postal address: 111 East 4th Street, Connersville IN 47331, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fayette County Honor Rolls (within shouting distance of this marker); The Whitewater Canal (approx. 0.6 miles away); "Elmhurst" (approx. 0.6 miles away); Twelve Mile Line (approx. 4.9 miles away); Brigadier General CSA Francis Asbury Shoup Whetzel Trace (1818-1823) (approx. 10.1 miles away); East Germantown Civil War Band (approx. 12 miles away); Overbeck House and Studio (approx. 12 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Connersville.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 19, 2011, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 524 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 19, 2011, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.