Point Pleasant in Clermont County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Grant Memorial Bridge
The original bridge became structurally deficient and was replaced in 1985 at a cost of $787,199.03. The cannons, beacons, and stone work which you see were a part of the 1927 bridge and were incorporated into the replacement bridge. The handrail which now supports the nameplate is the designer's visual impression of the 1927 bridge. The new structure and the original appertenances have been rededicated as the Grant Memorial Bridge.
Erected 1992 by the Ohio Department of Transportation and the Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 4-13.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection marker series.
Location. 38° 53.637′ N, 84° 13.996′ W. Marker is in Point Pleasant, Ohio Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: New Richmond OH 45157, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ulysses Simpson Grant (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Ulysses Simpson Grant (within shouting distance of this marker); U.S. Grant Historic District (within shouting distance of this marker); Ulysses Grant (within shouting distance of this marker); U. S. Grant Birthplace (within shouting distance of this marker); Grant Birthplace (within shouting distance of this marker); Henry Clark Corbin / Colclazer Run (approx. 1.5 miles away); Mt. Zion Chapel / Mt. Zion Cemetery - Lafayette School (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Point Pleasant.
Categories. • Bridges & Viaducts • Notable Persons • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 24, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 623 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 24, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. 3, 4. submitted on July 25, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin.