Medford in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Toll House
c. 1830 in the style of a
townhouse at Crossroads, which
was the hub of Upper Evesham.
Tolls were collected here on
the Medford-Mt. Holly Turnpike.
Erected by Medford Historic Advisory Board. (Marker Number 28.)
Location. 39° 55.014′ N, 74° 49.577′ W. Marker is in Medford, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is on Medford/Mt Holly Road (County Route 541) north of Church Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 205 Route 541, Medford NJ 08055, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cross Roads (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dr. Stillís Office (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Brace Road School (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Thomas Wilkins House (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Nail House (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Albert Kirby House (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Benjamin Wilkins House (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Maurice Haines House (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Medford.
Also see . . . Historic Sites in Medford, NJ. West Jersey History (Submitted on July 25, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 25, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 373 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 25, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.