Near Ticonderoga in Essex County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Major post on Lake George, a small palisaded log fort, built in 1756 to defend Fort Carillon from British attack, & named Camp De Contrecoeur, stood in this vicinity.
Erected by Ticonderoga Historical Society.
Location. 43° 48.961′ N, 73° 26.372′ W. Marker is near Ticonderoga, New York, in Essex County. Marker is on Baldwin Road (County Route 5) 0.1 miles south of Howes Landing, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 318 Baldwin Road, Ticonderoga NY 12883, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Abercrombie's Landing (within shouting distance of this marker); Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. 0.8 miles away); Indian Trail (approx. 1.1 miles away); Old Military Road (approx. 1.7 miles away); Rogers’ Rangers (approx. 1.7 miles away); a different marker also named Indian Trail (approx. 1.9 miles away); Summit of Mount Defiance (approx. 2 miles away); From this point south… (approx. 2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ticonderoga.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 3, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 27, 2011, by Joe Harness of Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 540 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 27, 2011, by Joe Harness of Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey. 2. submitted on October 3, 2016, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.