Saugatuck in Allegan County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1958 by Michigan Historical Commission. (Marker Number S191.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 42° 39.289′ N, 86° 12.242′ W. Marker is in Saugatuck, Michigan, in Allegan County. Marker is at the intersection of Butler Street and Culver Street, on the left when traveling north on Butler Street. Touch for map. Marker is clearly visible from both Butler Street and Culver Street. "Saugatuck Engine House" marker is at same location,
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Saugatuck Engine House (here, next to this marker); Reed's Livery (within shouting distance of this marker); First Congregational Church (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); All Saints Episcopal Church / Gordon W. Lloyd (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mt. Baldhead (approx. 0.7 miles away); Dr. Asa Goodrich House (approx. ¾ mile away); The Old School House (approx. ¾ mile away); Douglas Union School (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Saugatuck.
Also see . . . History of Saugatuck's Village Hall. (Submitted on July 30, 2011, by Dave Zollinger of Goshen, Indiana.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 27, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 30, 2011, by Dave Zollinger of Goshen, Indiana. This page has been viewed 1,630 times since then and 71 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 30, 2011, by Dave Zollinger of Goshen, Indiana. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.