Woodland in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The ferry became property of Sussex County following the brothers' death in 1843. First postoffice named "Woodland" was established in 1882 and the hamlet took the same name. The State acquired the county roads and ferry in 1935.
Erected 1966 by Public Archives Commission. (Marker Number SC-65.)
Location. 38° 36.026′ N, 75° 39.461′ W. Marker is in Woodland, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker is at the intersection of Woodland Ferry Road and Woodland Church Road, on the right when traveling south on Woodland Ferry Road. Touch for map. Marker is across the road from the ferry. Marker is in this post office area: Seaford DE 19973, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Woodland Ferry (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sailor's Bethel Methodist Church (approx. 2.9 miles away); Bethel Shipyard (approx. 3 miles away); Portsville United Methodist Church Stein Highway (approx. 3.4 miles away); Blades United Methodist Church (approx. 3½ miles away); Seaford Veterans Memorial (approx. 3½ miles away); The Delaware Railroad (approx. 3.6 miles away).
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 5, 2008, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,127 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on January 5, 2008, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.