Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Guilderland in Albany County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Hamilton Glass House

 
 
Hamilton Glass House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Howard C. Ohlhous, August 2, 2011
1. Hamilton Glass House Marker
Inscription.
Near this Spot Stood the
Hamilton Glass House
Named for
Alexander Hamilton
Known also as Albany Glass Works
Founded about 1786 Abandoned 1815
This Marker Placed by
Tawasentha Chapter D.A.R
and The State of New York 1927

 
Erected 1927 by The Tawasentha Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution and The State of New York.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
 
Location. 42° 42.04′ N, 73° 54.184′ W. Marker is in Guilderland, New York, in Albany County. Marker is on Western Turnpike (U.S. 20), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2213 Western Turnpike, Guilderland NY 12084, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Schoolcraft House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Glass Works (approx. half a mile away); Henry Rowe Schoolcraft (approx. half a mile away); Farm of Evert Bancker (approx. 1.4 miles away); Guilderland Town Hall (approx. 2 miles away); Battle of Normanskill
Hamilton Glass House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Howard C. Ohlhous, August 2, 2011
2. Hamilton Glass House Marker
(approx. 2.1 miles away); French's Hollow (approx. 2.6 miles away); Palatine Road (approx. 2.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Guilderland.
 
Additional keywords. Albany Glass Works
 
Categories. Industry & Commerce
 
Hamilton Glass House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Howard C. Ohlhous, August 2, 2011
3. Hamilton Glass House Marker
View is to the West Along Route 20
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 4, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 593 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on August 4, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement