Las Vegas in San Miguel County, New Mexico — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Built by M.M. Sundt
Architects: Issac H. & William M. Rapp
The YMCA was organized in Las Vegas in 1900 with Attorney A.T. Rogers as president. The "Y" flourished for two decades before closing in 1924. The building then served as the Las Vegas Hospital until 1952. The building is a fine example of the World's Fair Classic Style.
Erected by Las Vegas Citizen's Committee for Historic Preservation.
Location. 35° 35.737′ N, 105° 12.92′ W. Marker is in Las Vegas, New Mexico, in San Miguel County. Marker is on 6th Street south of University Avenue (State Road 65), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is on the front left corner of the building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 612 6th Street, Las Vegas NM 87701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. City Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Dr. Meta L.Christy (approx. 0.2 miles away); Isidor Sternís “Famous” Dry Good Store (approx. 0.6 miles away); E. Romero Hose & Fire Co. (approx. 0.6 miles away); Plaza Hotel (approx. Engine No. 1129 (approx. 0.9 miles away); Las Vegas (approx. 1.9 miles away); Hogbacks (approx. 5.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Las Vegas.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 9, 2011, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 406 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 9, 2011, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.