Elkhart Lake in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Hard Left
Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake
Marker donated by: Siebkens Resort in memory of Ollie Siebken Moeller
Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake listed on the National Register of Historic Places February 17, 2006.
Erected 2006 by Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake; Siebkens Resort. (Marker Number 14.)
Location. 43° 49.811′ N, 88° 1.077′ W. Marker is in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, in Sheboygan County. Marker is on South Lake Street 0.2 miles south of East Rhine Street (County Road J), on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 284 South Lake Street, Elkhart Lake WI 53020, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Lake Street Walkway (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Elkhart Lake Road Race Circuits (approx. 0.2 miles away); 1951–52 Start/Finish (approx. ¼ mile away); Veterans Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); Wacker's Wend (approx. Ted's Turn (approx. 0.4 miles away); Briggs' Bend (approx. 0.4 miles away); Peck's Alley (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Elkhart Lake.
More about this marker. The Village of Elkhart Lake and the roads surrounding Elkhart Lake hosted open-road sports car racing in 1950, 1951 and 1952. Fourteen historical markers were placed around the circuits (to commemorate the names and the events that occurred) by Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake, a Wisconsin non-profit corporation.
Also see . . . Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake. (Submitted on August 20, 2011.)
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • Sports •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 20, 2011, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 313 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 20, 2011, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.