Florence in Stewart County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1992 by Historic Chattachooche Commission , Georgia Department of Natural Resources, and Stewart County.
Location. 32° 5.299′ N, 85° 2.5′ W. Marker is in Florence, Georgia, in Stewart County. Marker can be reached from Florence State Park Marina Road west of Georgia Route 39, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is behind the interpretive center. Marker is in this post office area: Omaha GA 31821, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this Battle of Shepherd’s Plantation (approx. 1.1 miles away); Fort Jones (approx. 2 miles away); Roanoke (was approx. 2.7 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Fort McCreary – 1836 (approx. 4.1 miles away); Indian Trail (approx. 5.4 miles away); Providence United Methodist Church (approx. 7.7 miles away); Rev. David Walker Lowe (approx. 8.1 miles away); Glennville (approx. 8.3 miles away in Alabama).
More about this marker. It was originally located near 32° 5.29′ N, 85° 2.551′ W., on Florence State Park Marina Road 0.1 miles west of Georgia Route 39, on the right when traveling west. In was likely moved to this location around 2011.
Categories. • Native Americans • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 5, 2019. This page originally submitted on August 6, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,249 times since then and 27 times this year. Last updated on August 20, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photos: 1. submitted on August 6, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on August 20, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photos of marker at new location • precise map coordinates • Can you help?