Near Omaha in Stewart County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 128-10.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 3.001′ N, 85° 2.196′ W. Marker is near Omaha, Georgia, in Stewart County. Marker is on Georgia Route 39 3 miles south of Georgia Route 39C, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Omaha GA 31821, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Jones (approx. 0.7 miles away); Florence (was approx. 2.7 Battle of Shepherd’s Plantation (approx. 3.8 miles away); Fort McCreary – 1836 (approx. 6.6 miles away); Providence United Methodist Church (approx. 7˝ miles away); Rev. David Walker Lowe (approx. 7.8 miles away); Glennville (approx. 9.8 miles away in Alabama); Creek Indian Removal (approx. 10.6 miles away in Alabama). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Omaha.
Categories. • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 20, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 408 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 20, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.