Cuthbert in Randolph County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Confederate Dead and Hospitals
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 120-10.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission, and the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 31° 46.155′ N, 84° 47.58′ W. Marker is in Cuthbert, Georgia, in Randolph County. Marker can be reached from Hamilton Avenue 0 miles west of Oak Street. Touch for map. The marker is located in the western part of Greenwood Cemetery; the entrance to the cemetery is the extension of Oak Street at Hamilton Ave. Marker is in this post office area: Cuthbert GA 39840, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking Shady Grove (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Andrew College (approx. ¼ mile away); Old Carnegie Library (approx. ¼ mile away); Andrew Female College (approx. ¼ mile away); Site of First Randolph County Courthouse (approx. ¼ mile away); Frederick Davis Patterson, M.D. / Patterson Hospital (approx. 0.3 miles away); The City of Cuthbert and Early Randolph County (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Second Creek War in Randolph County (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cuthbert.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 23, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 576 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on August 23, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.