Mariposa in Mariposa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1990 by E Clampus Vitus, Matuca Chapter No. 1849.
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 37° 29.056′ N, 119° 57.885′ W. Marker is in Mariposa, California, in Mariposa County. Marker is at the intersection of Charles (Main) Street (State Highway 140) and 5th Street, on the left when traveling south on Charles (Main) Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5022 Charles (Main) Street, Mariposa CA 95338, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fremont Adobe (a few steps from this marker); Mariposa Independent Order Odd Fellows Hall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Mariposa County’s Old Stone Jail (about 400 feet away); St. Joseph's Catholic Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named St. Joseph’s Catholic Church (approx. 0.2 Mariposa County Courthouse (approx. 0.3 miles away); Mariposa County Court House (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Mariposa County Court House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mariposa.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 4, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 24, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 588 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 24, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. 4. submitted on October 4, 2016, by Jessica Carey of Mariposa, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.