Fish House in Fulton County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St John House
On Confiscated Lands of
Sir Guy Johnson, Nephew
Of Sir William Johnson
Erected 1939 by State Education Department.
Location. 43° 8.753′ N, 74° 7.79′ W. Marker is in Fish House, New York, in Fulton County. Marker is on U.S. 110. Touch for map. This marker is located in the Hamlet of Fish House on the north side of Route 110, just past the intersection of Route 109. Marker is in this post office area: Broadalbin NY 12025, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. "Fish House" (within shouting distance of this marker); Covered Bridge (within shouting distance of this marker); Marvin House (within shouting distance of this marker); Shew's Hill (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Godfrey Shew (approx. 0.3 miles away); Hans' Creek (approx. 1.8 miles away); Sacandaga Pike (approx. 1.9 miles away); Frenchmans Creek (approx. 3.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fish House.
Regarding St John House. This is one of the older homes, in the Fish House Settlement, still existing today Among other things, Alexander St. John was a surveyor
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 26, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 25, 2011, by ELizabeth Emery of Gloversville, New York. This page has been viewed 340 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 25, 2011, by ELizabeth Emery of Gloversville, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.