Georgetown in Quitman County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 118-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 53.149′ N, 85° 6.54′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, Georgia, in Quitman County. Marker is on Main Street 0 miles south of Harrison Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. The marker stands in front of the Quitman County Courthouse. Main Street was US Highway 82 before the bypass was built. Marker is at or near this postal address: 111 Main Street, Georgetown GA 39854, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the Georgetown (here, next to this marker); Quitman County’s Old Jail (a few steps from this marker); Georgetown High School / Alma Mater (approx. half a mile away); Harrison-Guerry-Brannon-Crawford Family Cemetery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Confederate Hospital (approx. 1.6 miles away in Alabama); William Thomas "Tom" Mann / Eufaula, Alabama (approx. 1.9 miles away in Alabama); Central Railroad of Georgia Freight Depot (approx. 1.9 miles away in Alabama); Cotton and Creek Country (approx. 1.9 miles away in Alabama). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 27, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 434 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 27, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.