Chattanooga in Hamilton County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Right of Assault.
Nov. 25, 1863
Erected 1890 by Chickamauga-Chattanooga National Battlefield Commission. (Marker Number MT-84.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, Missionary Ridge, and the Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park: November 25, 1863 marker series.
Location. 34° 59.478′ N, 85° 16.6′ W. Marker is in Chattanooga, Tennessee, in Hamilton County. Marker is at the intersection of South Crest Road and East Crest Road, on the left when traveling south on South Crest Road. This historical marker is near the southern end of South Crest Road, on the eastern side of the roadway, about 0.5 miles north of the Tennessee-Georgia state line. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 640 South Crest Road, Chattanooga TN 37404, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Clayton's Brigade (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Company F 2nd Missouri Light Artillery Creighton's Brigade (approx. ¼ mile away); Whitaker's Brigade (approx. 0.3 miles away); 99th Ohio Infantry (approx. 0.3 miles away); Grose's Brigade (approx. 0.3 miles away); Cruft's Division (approx. 0.3 miles away); 40th Ohio Infantry (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chattanooga.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Use this link to see the Brigade tablets for this Division.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Geary's Division.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 11, 2019. This page originally submitted on August 28, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 417 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 28, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. 6. submitted on July 10, 2019, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.