Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Mesquite in Clark County, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

Rock House

Circa 1880

 
 
Rock House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, August 29, 2011
1. Rock House Marker
Inscription. This is the oldest standing house in Mesquite and was continuously used as a residence from 1894 until 2003. The original portion of the house dates from circa 1880 occupation when Mesquite Flats was temporarily settled. The large rocks made the walls of the room 18-20 inches thick. An adobe lean-to was added later.
 
Erected by City of Mesquite. (Marker Number 11.)
 
Location. 36° 48.315′ N, 114° 3.962′ W. Marker is in Mesquite, Nevada, in Clark County. Marker is on East 1st North, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 110 East 1st North, Mesquite NV 89027, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John David Pulsipher Home (within shouting distance of this marker); Charles Hardy Home (within shouting distance of this marker); School and Gymnasium Block (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Drug Store / Bakery (about 400 feet away); Tithing Lot (about 500 feet away); Abram Woodbury Home and Gas Station (about 500 feet away); History of Mesquite (about 500 feet away); Mary Jane Leavitt Abbott (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mesquite.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Rock House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, August 29, 2011
2. Rock House Marker
Rock House image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, August 29, 2011
3. Rock House
Close-Up of Photo Displayed on Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner
4. Close-Up of Photo Displayed on Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 1, 2011, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 516 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 1, 2011, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement