Put-In-Bay in Ottawa County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Oelschlager's Dry Goods Store
business district built in 1913 by Karl Oelschlager.
It housed a dry goods store, gift shop & ice
cream parlor. The interior has the original
floral-design pressed-tin ceiling.
Erected by Lake Erie Island Historical Society.
Location. 41° 39.17′ N, 82° 49.081′ W. Marker is in Put-In-Bay, Ohio, in Ottawa County. Marker is on Delaware Avenue west of Loraine Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. This historical marker is affixed to the outside wall of the storefront, across the street from Perry Park. Marker is in this post office area: Put in Bay OH 43456, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Within This Enclosure (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Joseph De Rivera St. Jurgo, 1813-1889 (about 400 feet away); Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); Gibraltar Monument (approx. 0.4 miles away); Jay Cooke Mansion (approx. 0.4 miles away); Gibraltar Island South Bass Island Light (approx. 2 miles away); Boundary Marker (approx. 5.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Put-In-Bay.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 347 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 3, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.