Cannon Falls in Goodhue County, Minnesota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
1888 Cannon Falls Fire Hall
placed on the
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
Location. 44° 30.499′ N, 92° 54.229′ W. Marker is in Cannon Falls, Minnesota, in Goodhue County. Marker is on West Mill Street east of 3rd Street North, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is attached to the Cannon Falls Area Historical Society and Museum. Marker is at or near this postal address: 206 West Mill Street, Cannon Falls MN 55009, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. "We Must Have a Gun" (approx. 0.6 miles away); Colonel William Colvill Monument (approx. 0.6 miles away); Vasa: Mattson's Settlement (approx. 8.9 miles away); Thomas Anderson Veblen and Kari Bunde Veblen Farmstead / History of the Veblen Farmstead (approx. 13.1 miles away); Nerstrand City Hall (approx. 14.1 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Cannon Falls Museum. (Submitted on September 4, 2011.)
2. Minnesota Treasures. Google Books. (Submitted on September 4, 2011.)
3. Guide to Cannon Falls Minnesota. "After devastating fires in 1884 and 1887, the city council voted to erect a fire hall. The building, completed in October 1888 at a cost of $1,325, is made of stone and measures 24 feet by 35 feet with walls rising to 27 feet high. Listed on the National Register of Historical Places, the Italianate structure is one of the nations (Submitted on September 4, 2011.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 4, 2011, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 508 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 4, 2011, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.