Broadalbin in Fulton County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
1849 Plank Road
Amsterdam to Fish House. It
linked the rural economy of
the Sacandaga Vly to rail
& canal access in Amsterdam
Erected by Broadalbin Historical Society.
Location. 43° 3.33′ N, 74° 12.022′ W. Marker is in Broadalbin, New York, in Fulton County. Marker is on South 2nd Ave 0.1 miles south of West Main Street (County Road 155), on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 17 South 2nd Ave., Broadalbin NY 12025, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hotel Broadalbin (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); 1879 Fire (approx. 0.3 miles away); Johnson Hall - 1763 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Veterans Hall (approx. 0.3 miles away); Broadalbin Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Home of Robert W. Chambers (approx. 0.4 miles away); Nick Stoner Hut (approx. half a mile away); Chase's Mills (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Broadalbin.
Regarding 1849 Plank Road. Hamilton County—The Amsterdam and Fish-house road, 16 miles in length, opens a communication from this
- From the book, Plank Roads, in the United States and Canada by William Kingsford, 1851
Also see . . . Broadalbin in History - Era of Development 1815-1860. (Submitted on September 13, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 13, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 422 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 13, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.