McCracken County Courthouse
1832~County seat moved to Paducah.
1861~First courthouse at this site, then at edge of town.
1943~Present building occupied.
Marker presented by McCracken Co. Civic Beautification Board
Erected 1970 by Kentucky Historical Society and Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1377.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. 37° 4.985′ N, 88° 35.947′ W. Marker is in Paducah, Kentucky, in McCracken County. Marker is on 6th Street. Touch for map. Marker is on walkway into the Court House. Marker is in this post office area: Paducah KY 42003, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Spanish American War Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); "Old Judge Priest" (within shouting distance of this marker); Visitors Coming to Paducah (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Proudly Dedicated to the Kentuckians (about 300 feet away); World War II Memorial (about 400 feet away); Dolly McNutt Plaza
More about this marker. Did not get side 2
Categories. • Government • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 17, 2011, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. This page has been viewed 353 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 17, 2011, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photo and text of reverse side. • Can you help?