St. Augustine in St. Johns County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Sentinels of the Coast
Erected 1963 by St. Johns County Historical Commission in cooperation with Florida Board of Parks and Historic Memorials. (Marker Number F-110.)
Location. 29° 53.169′ N, 81° 17.246′ W. Marker is in St. Augustine, Florida, in St. Johns County. Marker is on Red Cox Drive, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Augustine FL 32080, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lighthouse and Keepers House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); World War II (about 300 feet away); 1888 Outdoor Kitchens (about 400 feet away); 1886 Well (about 400 feet away); 1872 North Privy (about 400 feet away); 1872 South Privy St. Augustine on Anastasia Island (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Augustine Alligator Farm (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Augustine.
Also see . . . St. Augustine Lighthouse Museum. (Submitted on September 19, 2011, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 2, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 19, 2011, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 449 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on September 19, 2011, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.