Originally, the building served as a Lutheran foster home for children, from the time it was built in 1925, until 1960. Many residents of the home were under the jurisdiction of the Juvenile Court of Chicago. While living at the Kinderheim, the children attended either the Addison Manual Training School for Boys, or the Addison Industrial School for Girls, which were on site.
Later, from 1961 until 2000, the building served as Addison’s municipal building. During the 75-year lifetime of this building, thousands of people passed through the doors framed by this arch. Today, people continue to pass under this arch as they make their way to Addison’s new municipal building.
Location. 41° 55.93′ N, 87° 59.527′ W. Marker is in Addison, Illinois, in Du Page County. Marker is on West Army Trail Boulevard. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 128 West Army Trail Boulevard, Addison IL 60101, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Gazebos of Addison (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of St. Paul Lutheran School (about
Additional keywords. Foster Home
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 21, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 608 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 21, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.