Fort Gaines in Clay County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 030-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 36.25′ N, 85° 2.924′ W. Marker is in Fort Gaines, Georgia, in Clay County. Marker is on Washington Street S (Route 39) 0 miles north of Hartford Road (Georgia Route 37), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. The marker stands at the driveway to the Clay County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 210 Washington St S, Fort Gaines GA 39851, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gen. Edmund Pendleton Gaines Clay County Courthouse (here, next to this marker); Queen City of the Chattahoochee (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort Gaines Guards (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Historic Sites (about 700 feet away); Old Pioneer Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away); Fort Gaines (approx. 0.4 miles away); In the Confederacy (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Gaines.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 1, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 444 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 1, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.