Fort Gaines in Clay County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Site of Fort Gaines Female College
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 030-8.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 36.444′ N, 85° 3.231′ W. Marker is in Fort Gaines, Georgia, in Clay County. Marker is on Jefferson Street 0 miles west of Jackson Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Gaines GA 39851, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this The Old Lattice Bridge (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); In the Confederacy (about 500 feet away); The 1836 Fort (about 600 feet away); Old Pioneer Cemetery (about 800 feet away); Fort Gaines (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic Sites (approx. 0.3 miles away); Fort Gaines Guards (approx. 0.3 miles away); Clay County (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Gaines.
Categories. • Education • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 2, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 520 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 2, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.