Charleston in Charleston County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
39 Meeting Street
Church Rectory by
Miller & Fullerton.
Sold in 1823 to
Dr. William Read, who
served in the
Revolution as Surgeon
General of the
Now a private residence.
Erected by Preservation Society of Charleston.
Marker series. This marker is included in the South Carolina, Preservation Society of Charleston marker series.
Location. 32° 46.389′ N, 79° 55.844′ W. Marker is in Charleston, South Carolina, in Charleston County. Marker is on Meeting Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Located between Water and Ladson Streets. Marker is at or near this postal address: 39 Meeting Street, Charleston SC 29401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 37 Meeting Street (a few steps from this marker); 36 Meeting Street (a few steps from this marker); William Bull's House (within shouting distance of this marker); Daniel Huger House (within shouting distance of this marker); Black and White Worlds: (within shouting distance of this marker); The Landscape of the Enslaved Nathaniel Russell House (about 300 feet away); The Site of Colleton Bastion (about 300 feet away); Timothy Ford's House (about 400 feet away); George Eveleigh House (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Charleston.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 5, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 442 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 5, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 3, 4. submitted on June 24, 2012, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.